DECONGESTION APPROACHMasques in general offer topical decongestion of the skin by means of including muds and clays to absorb surface impurities. While some level of deeper cleaning does occur with this approach, muds or clays are unable to solubilize surface impurities and so the decongestion is inefficient. Furthermore, the visible effect is very temporary and further exposure to pollution and cosmetics will undo most of the positive effect quickly.
FM approaches decongestion in three phases:
Purifying PhaseThis phase is the simplest one in the formulation and the one that is most closely aligned with masques as they are known today. In this phase, surface impurities—which include oil- and water-soluble pollution, cosmetic product build-up and excess sebum activity build-up—are physically solubilized and removed.
- A highly-efficient bio-solubilizing technology breaks down both water- and oil-soluble impurities within seconds of application;
- A delivery system for molecular oxygen gas within the formulation increases oxygen supply.
- A black Amazonian clay with very high concentrations of titanium and oligo-elements binds to solubilized external impurities while visibly reducing pore inconsistency immediately;
- A sedimentary white clay binds to excess sebum function bi-products without impairing surface barrier integrity;
- A copper-rich—yet stable—clay from Brazil supports surface barrier function during the cleaning process.
Protective PhaseThis phase of FM's formulation offers the most innovative approach to decongestion by introducing technologies that offer a physical shield against external build-up.
- A sea polysaccharide from microorganisms found in Polynesian coral reefs fights build up of urban pollution, acting as a shield against external aggression and allows for better response to climate changes which occur even when not travelling;
- An advanced analogue of resveratrol, which enables a first-ever topical utility of this incredible molecule, fights against the look of "browning".
- A bio-technological derivative of bitter orange peel reduces the look of inflammation as a result of environmental factors.
- An ultra-pure bisabolol—with up to 900 times less impurity than standard German chamomile flower derivatives—reduces the look inflammation through a secondary support mechanism while forming mild but sustainable support against climate change.
Responsive PhaseThis phase of the formulation introduces mechanisms that fight against environmental congestion factors. This phase is the most important phase of FM as it respects health and longevity. The presence of "Flavanone" in the name of the product emphasizes the importance of this phase.
- A highly-purified flavanone derived from the inner white parts of citrus peel, triggers topical visible detoxification;
- A pre-cursor to a modified oleic acid that is naturally produced on normal skin by a yeast offers a slow, non-abrupt, increase of this acid without disrupting dermal pH or density. This acid is unlike many other direct acids used in skincare that can actually increase inflammation, reduce skin density and reduce skin defences.
The result of this combined approach is a topical purification process that allows for a form of sustained visible radiance that is not "fabricated" through short-term inflammation or peeling.